Thursday, November 6, 2008

What a long week. I just cant believe how crazy people were acting this week. It just kind of makes me sick to my stomach. I voted that is all I can do. The rest is out of my hands. Liberty Public Schools voted for McCain. It was so sad Tuesday when I walked the kids to school and kids were crying their eyes out because they didnt want to make the wrong choice. Oh my gosh unbelievable. Everyone is entitled to their vote whether I agree with it or not. And the reason kids vote the way they do is because most of their parents tell them too. I didnt tell my kids either way. I dont tell my kids what the Presidents supposedly promise because neither one of them will do exactly what they said they will do. I did not tell my kids who to vote for. I did tell my kids what was important to me and that would be the way I would vote. I do not discuss politics or religion with anyone except my family and my very good friends. The ones I can trust not to go off the deep end if I have a vote different then theirs. I cant believe that people let this affect their friendships. Again this is my personal opinion and the way I do things with my family. Nothing else. On a lighter note these are the kids new school pictures I posted for the people who are not on facebook with me. I think they turned out really good. My little guys love school so much and strive to have perfect attendance. I am very proud of them both. No excuses in this house for just staying home. They both WANT to go even if they arent feeling 100%.


Here is Jamie and Lacy and Makenna. Makenna had her surgery on Tuesday and I cant wait to hold and kiss her. I know she is in pain but all will be better in a few days. Poor little girl.


Today is moms birthday. Happy Birthday Mom. I hope you have a great day.



5 comments:

Jodi said...

Sorry I meant Makenna had her surgery on Wednesday. OOPPSS!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Happy Birthday MOM!! I love the boys school pictures. I too am glad the craziness of the election is over. I don't think politics should affect a friendship. Especially if you really love your friends and value their opinions. Even those that differ from yours!

Brandi Hatfield said...

Pictures are great and Makenna is in my prayers.

Now...

I totaly agree, The problem is some people are so close minded to their opinion that they are not willing to accept anyone elses. I have my opinions that are different from most of my friends. I am not ashamed of what I believe in. I believe we should have the right to express if we choose to without being judged. I have the right to my opinion as much as the next person does. I feel that someone should never be judged for what they believe in. If someone wants to tell me their different opinion thats great, I value it. But I would never tell them their opinion is wrong and dont expect someone to tell me mine is wrong. We all love each other for one reason, we should not let things as little as this get in the way of that.

Brandi Hatfield said...

And to those of you that feel this has put a stress on your realtionships, I am very sorry for you and hope that both sides can see the big picture here.

Terri Homan said...

Life;Family;and Friends; after that nothing else is really that important. After all what else is there really? Self Pride? God speed for Makenna. Happy Birthday Lori! The Boys School pictures are great this year!