Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas!!!

So this is how we have been spending our Saturday. The kids have been begging to put up the Christmas tree for weeks, but I wont put it up until after Thanksgiving. So today was the day. I took the kids to McDonalds for happy meals because they were so helpful. Faith was so excited when we got the stuff out.


The Christmas tree box was a mess so the kids went down to the basement and brought up the pieces and piled them on the floor. They were so much help this year. Usually I am the one to do everything but they helped every step of the way. Except the lights I did that part.


Our scary dark basement that the kids just love. I hate going down there.



Faith really loved putting the tree together, Brandon and Ben do a good job of helping her. What a fun day.










Nora came over about 3 so her and the kids played while a made a quick trip to the store and to pick up some pizza. We ate some pizza and back to business.






Here they are putting on the last of the ornaments.








And here is the finished product. Again they did all of it mostly by themselves. I am very anal about moving around the ornaments and having them all not by the same color and stuff. Well Ben is just the same he kept saying mommy I need to move this one it doesnt look quite right. Too funny. It looks wonderful!! Good job Brandon, Ben and Faith.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so funny that Ben got our trait!! This year Lacy decorated. She made a comment mid-way about how "mom's just gonna move all this stuff anyway" and it made me realize that it doesn't have to be "perfect". I haven't touched a THING!! So, when you come to my house you'll see that Miss Lace is a great decorator!!

Juliana said...

Beautiful!! Its is so much fun when the kids help! Shane and Kayla were big helpers this year too!

Terri Homan said...

I love the tree!! Grandma's Buddy's did such a GREAT job!!!